Botany for Gardeners
Authors: Brian Capon
Extent: 240 pages
Format: 288mm x 152 mm
Soft cover. Full-colour photographs. Line Drawings.
About the book:
Have you ever wondered:
- What happens inside a seed after it is planted?
- How are plants structured?
- How do plants adapt to their environment?
- How is water transported from soil to leaves?
- Why are minerals, air and light important for healthy plant growth?
- How do plants reproduce?
Botany for Gardeners offers answers to these and other questions about complex plant processes, written in everyday language, allow gardeners and horticulturists to understand plants from the 'plant's point of view' a clear explanation of how plants grow.
- An appendix on plant taxonomy
- Full-colour photographs and line drawings
- A detailed glossary
- A comprehensive index make this an essential reference book for serious gardeners