Gids tot die eienskappe en gebruike van Suider-Afrikaanse Hout
Authors: Stephanie Dyer, Barry James, Danielle James
Extent: 336 pages
Format: 280 x 210 mm
Hard cover, more than 700 full-colour photographs and distribution maps
About the book:
Gids tot die eienskappe en gebruike van Suid-Afrikaanse hout is a fully illustrated, scientifically accurate guide to the characteristics, properties and uses of wood from 140 Southern African tree species.
- Species treatments include information on conservation status, uses, mechanical properties, durability, identification features, woodworking properties and comments from wood users on workability.
- Photographs of tree bark, untreated and treated wood, end-grain macrographs, as well as worked items.
- Provides information on historical uses, where trees grow, availability and sustainability of the wood and the practicalities of harvesting and processing.
- Superior quality text and excellent reproduction and printing.
- The only commercially available book which focuses on the properties of Southern African wood, written in a style that will appeal to a wide audience: professional woodworkers, designers, architects, wood dealers and wood collectors, hobbyists, botanists and anyone interested in trees and wood.
Gids tot die eienskappe en gebruike van Suid-Afrikaanse hout is a must-have for all who love wood and trees!